The Boston Marathon ~ A Carol Cheshire Story
On July 12, 2026, I put out a podcast sharing a friend's testimony sent to me years ago about her son's experience with the 2013 Boston Marathon. It is called A 'But God' Testimony ~ The Audrey Yockey Story for anyone who would like to search it up. It is on this blog in written form and also on our YouTube and Rumble pages in podcast form. Within only a day's time, I received this testimony below of a miracle done in another one of my subscribers' families.
Hi Sheryl,
I just listened to the post on the Boston Marathon on 'But God' and have to tell you about our experience. My husband ran the race in 2013 as well. Jennifer, my daughter, my husband, Jim, and I all went to the race. The three of us arrived in Boston two days before the race and enjoyed seeing some of the sights, did some shopping, and went to the expo center the day before the race. Jennifer bought a green T-shirt with Boston printed on it that she planned to wear the day of the race, but on the morning of the race, she discovered a hole in the shirt. She called the store to make sure they would be open to exchange it, and as it turned out, the store was right across from the finish line.
In the meantime, I became very sick with bronchitis and decided I’d better stay in our hotel room during the race, but Jennifer decided she would ride the subway to meet Jim around the finish line when she thought he would cross over the line. She took her shirt with her to exchange it but arrived later than she thought she would. She considered making a dash to the store but realized if she did, she might miss her father at the finish line, so she turned and went back to watch for him. That is when the bomb went off, right where a little boy lost his life and where the store she intended to go to was. She would have been right in the middle of the blast if she had gone into the store.
Now, don't get me wrong, I am not saying that God makes people sick, but I know in my heart that although I traveled so far and had come to see my husband run that race, there was a reason that day that I could not go out. There was a reason why I stayed tucked away in a safe hotel room, and even more so, knowing me, if I had been with my daughter Jennifer, I know I would have encouraged her to go to the store quickly so she would have the correct shirt!! When you are a part of something so significant, it is really hard not to get caught up in all the excitement, and of course my daughter wanted something to remind her of that day. That big day when her father would run the Boston Marathon, and what an accomplishment it was as he did make it to the finish line.
In my heart of hearts, I know that my Father in Heaven kept me back at the hotel that day so that my daughter Jennifer would be! Jim had literally just crossed over and was receiving his medal when the bomb went off. That shirt, to this day, is referred to as 'her Holy Shirt' as we all recognized that it was God who directed her path that day in Boston and kept her safe!!!
Many blessings on you for all that you do for us with the 'It's Going to be Biblical' Newsletter, Prophecies Being Fulfilled, your entire website, and prayer pages, of which I know 'The Prodigal Prayer Page' was a part of bringing my grandson Matthew home, as well as all your podcasts. It is all a true blessing,
Carol Cheshire
Comments
Post a Comment